Thursday, September 10, 2009

Flattened Steak, Fajitas etc

So last night was a mixed bag. We had watched the Good Eats episode on flattened steak and I figured I'd give it a shot. Bought and cut up a large piece of beef and then began to pound on it. Got them pretty flat (not as flat as I'd like with my improvised tools) and pan fried them. I liked the increased surface area and cooking them like minute steaks, but I think I'm going to need to play with them a bit more before I report that I've perfected this dish. (They did seem to take to marinades and sauces a lot better, which was good for the soy I put on some of them)

Jaz made fajitas. Nothing too complicated with them, just some baked chicken with onions and peppers in a wrap. One thing she did that I thought was a good idea was use Yogurt instead of Sour Cream. It was very tasty and healthier.

That's all I got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment