Friday, August 7, 2009

Dinner Last Night

So I needed to do something pretty quick and easy and I thought this would be a great idea. Sauerkraut was a bit strong in the dish, need to come up with something the next time I make it to mellow out the taste a bit, but it was still pretty good.

Sauerkraut and Magyar Kolbascz Casserole

First off prep a casserole dish with a layer of sauerkraut on the bottom.

I get my sausage (Magyar Kolbascz) from Bostons, a pub down the street from my house. It's VERY flavorful, they use it on their pizza and other dishes. I tossed in a bit of kosher salt and oil with the sausage and lightly browned it. Then I removed the sausage to the casserole dish and added portabello mushrooms to the pan. Cooked those and put over the sausage. The final step was adding cheese over the top (I chose mozzarella as I had some left over from the previous night.)

Baked at 300 degrees until cheese melted, let rest for a few min and ate!

No comments:

Post a Comment